Duration study program
Language of instruction
15 July 2024
Standard & Intensive Track
Intensive Track: 2 internships
Standard Track (180 ECTS)
Intensive Track (210 ECTS)
In some cases, you may have to complete our 1-year Preparation Program before you can commence our Bachelor in Business Administration. This may be because of your high school degree curriculum or course combinations. If you are not sure if you have to complete the Preparation Program course, please feel free to ask us at email@example.com.
You can apply for the Preparation Program on the application portal on our website.
You do not have your school leaving certificate yet? Just provide a transcript of records including all grades given to date and you can hand in your school leaving certificate at a later stage.
- High school diploma/school leaving certificate (qualifying for entrance to German universities)
- Proof of English language proficiency: please have a look at our different options here
- Interview with program management and faculty members
- Additional requirements may apply for applicants from certain countries. Please inquire.
- Start of application period: November 1st
- Early Bird deadline: January 15 (more information)
- Recommended international application deadline (non-EU applicants): March 31 (more information)
- Final international application deadline (non-EU applicants): May 31 (more information)
- Application deadline (German and EU applicants): July 15
We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. For fully completed applications received by January 15, you will be granted a 10% early-bird discount on your total amount of tuition fees. To be entitled for the discount you need to fully complete the online application form and submit it together with your transcript of records. More information can be found here.
International (non-EU) applicants please note: The visa process takes up to two months, starting on the date of acceptance by KLU. Please keep in mind that there are a lot of other organizational matters to deal with when planning your study abroad. That is why we advise you to apply as soon as possible (see recommended international deadline).
We require a non-refundable application fee of €50 for non-EU/EEA applicants. Your application will only be processed once we have received this. Please note that we offer application fee waivers for selected candidates.
Alternative Preparation Program
- The Preparation Program is generally designed for international students who do not meet the criteria for direct study at the university level in Germany or who have the wrong combination of courses in the IB Diploma.
- You need the following language skills with proof:
- At least A2 German
- At least C1 English
- Please check your eligibility for our Preparation Program in advance on the DAAD website.
- Please note that the application deadlines for the Preparation Program are different. We will be happy to inform you upon request.
Our three-year BSc in Business Administration program starts every September.
- Courses in management/economics, and personal skills
- Two profile lines: human and environment or data and systems
- Four profiles: international management, sustainable management, supply chain management or digital management and innovation
- Optional intensive track with a higher workload and additional practical training
- Exchange semesters with partner universities
- Three-month practical training period
- Bachelor’s thesis (3 months)
Fundamentals of Management and Strategy
Fundamentals of Accounting
Mathematics for Business and Economics
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
Human Resource Management
Introduction to Digital Management
International Business Law
Empirical Research Methods
Programming with Python
Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
Supply Chain Strategy
International Financial Accounting
Data Analytics and Visualization
Deep Dive Business Challenge
Intercultural Communication and Management
Sustainable Supply Chains
Innovation and New Business Ventures
Sustainable New Product Design and Design Thinking
Process Analytics and Automation
Our Career Services offers a unique program that targets your personal development and your contacts with future employers. Our International Office paves the way for your semester abroad and our Program Management ensures that your course of study meets our quality standards and runs as smoothly as possible. Upon acceptance, we will help you organize your journey to Hamburg and continue to assist you throughout this process.
You do the studying; we do everything else!
Semester Abroad Image Gallery
- Quinnipiac University (BSc)
- Ohio State University (BSc)
- UTK Haslam College of Business (BSc)
- Universidad Panamericana (BSc)
- IPADE Mexico City (MSc)
- Tec de Monterrey, Cuernavaca (BSc/MSc)
- Universidad del Pacífico de Lima (BSc/MSc)
- Universidad de los Andes (BSc/MSc)
- Universidad Técnica Federico Santa Maria (BSc)
- Universidad del Desarrollo (BSc)
- IAE Business School Universidad Austral (MSc)
- Universidad de Montevideo (BSc/MSc)
- FGV-EAESP Brasil (BSc/MSc)
- HPGSB Namibian University of Science and Technology (MSc)
- Stellenbosch University (MSc)
- Strathmore University (BSc/MSc)
- Bar-Ilan University (MSc)
- S.P. Jain Institute (MSc)
- Thammasat Business School (BSc/MSc)
- Uni. of Transport and Communications (BSc)
- Dalian Maritime University (MSc)
- CDHK Tongji University (MSc)
- University of Notthingham (BSc/MSc)
- National Cheng Kung University (BSc/MSc)
- ALBA, Athens (MSc)
- Alpen-Adria Universität, Klagenfurt (MSc)
- Andrassy University, Budapest (MSc)
- Audencia Nantes (MSc)
- Budapest Business School (BSc)
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BSc/MSc)
- Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg (BSc/MSc)
- DEREE, Athens (BSc)
- Ecole de Management Strasbourg (MSc)
- Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh (BSc)
- Higher School of Economics (MSc)
- IGR-IAE, Université de Rennes 1 (BSc/MSc)
- International Hellenic University, Thessaloniki (MSc)
- Istanbul University (BSc/MSc)
- Istanbul Technical University (BSc/MSc)
- KEDGE Business School (BSc/MSc)
- Koç University, Istanbul (BSc/MSc)
- Kymenlaakso UAS, Kotka (BSc)
- Linnaeus University, Växjö (BSc/MSc)
- Özyegˇin University, Istanbul (MSc)
- Reykjavik University (MSc)
- Riga Technical University (BSc/MSc)
- TU Eindhoven (MSc)
- UNITS, Trieste (BSc)
- Universidad de Oviedo (BSc)
- Universidad Europea de Canarias (BSc)
- University of Genoa (MSc)
- University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki (BSc)
- University of Pisa (BSc/MSc)
- University of Porto (MSc)
- USI, Lugano (MSc)
- Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien (MSc)
- Wroclaw University of Economics (BSc/MSc)
|PROGRAM||ECTS||DURATION||PROGRAM START 2023||Tuition|
|BSc in Business Administration |
BSc in Business Administration
Tuition fees are charged per semester. A non-refundable deposit of EUR 1,000 is due within two weeks after the receipt of the signed study contract. The deposit will be deducted from the first tuition fee installment.
KLU offers a limited number of merit-based scholarhips. Stipends of gifted education instituions (Begabtenförderwerke) can apply for a full tuition fee waiver at KLU. We also offer an innovative tuition financing model. Students participating in this model do not or only partially pay tuition fees during their studies at KLU. However, they commit themselves to make income-dependent payments upon completion of their studies.
See the unique KLU student experience
At KLU, we believe that a strong operations mindset is your key to success. All our programs will teach you how to acquire such a mindset and strengthen the skills that allow you to excel in your future career.
With the energy of a spicy habanero, Cristobal Casillas guides us in this episode through the city of Hamburg, the classes at KLU, and his unforgettable experience as an exchange student on our Campus. Listen to his story!
This week: Meet Cristobal Casillas, an exchange student from Mexico
The best party Magdalena has been to? Spoiler, it's the KLU Christmas party. Watch 73 rapid-fire questions with Bachelor student Magdalena Bürk from Germany.
Internship, thesis, dream job? Our Career Connect Event brings together what belongs together - companies and KLU students. We facilitate connections, train, and empower you to identify and pursue your professional aspirations.
Students have rated KLU the world’s best university offering English-language programs. KLU is global winner of the Global Student Satisfaction Award (2022). The Awards are based on more than 100,000 student reviews of higher education institutions in about 120 countries.
KLU is not just any ordinary university. The multitude of opportunities KLU offers to students, like visiting companies and networking events, are incredibly advantageous and really helpful for the future. On top of that, there is close contact to professors in interactive classes, who never hesitate to answer any of your questions.
The best thing about KLU is the quality of teaching. The lecturers are both adept at presenting content and taking interest in their students' viewpoints. I would tell any prospective students to jump at the opportunity to study at the KLU. People here have been extremely friendly and helpful, making my time here in Hamburg an unforgettable experience.
At KLU, I am able to interact in a multicultural environment, learn about new cultures and I feel part of the KLU-family. This university and the people keep my motivation high and teach me about more than just academic topics, like respect and equality. It is like a second home for me.
What I value about the KLU is two-fold: it provides an excellent academic foundation for a successful future, and it encourages you to grow as an established individual, fostering confidence and approachability.
One of the things I like the most about being at KLU is the comfortable study environment KLU offers. Not only do you feel comfortable on campus, but you also get to meet people with different backgrounds and work alongside with them, giving each student a very unique way of developing themselves throughout their studies.
For me the highlight of being a student at KLU is definitely the community. From the students to the faculty and staff, everyone has been incredibly welcoming and supportive from day one.Their support allows me to excel academically and guides me in the right direction on my career path. And, because of the international student body, I am able to discover many different cultures. The overall encouragement and diversity create a very special atmosphere on campus.
You can consider KLU as a “gateway to the world,” as they say in German. An intercultural university with students of more than 30 nationalities located in Hamburg, KLU gives students the opportunity to connect with people from all around the world and to experience a multifaceted city. I could not imagine a better place for taking the first step into my future and establishing my own network.
Studying at KLU is an all-inclusive package. Coming here every day means meeting with my friends — who are as passionate about our subjects as I am. Classes are very interactive, and our professors are highly supportive. The beautiful facility plus the ideal location in HafenCity make the whole experience even more enjoyable. I am happy that I chose KLU!
I have always enjoyed talking and discussing all kinds of matters with people from other cultures. At KLU, the small classes create a level of intimacy and exchange with other students and professors you won’t find anywhere else.
Studying at KLU means having many different parts of the world on campus but still being in the beautiful city of Hamburg. Knowing that support is there for every aspect of our studies is a special feeling – it makes studying at KLU an exciting time.
The courses at KLU are carefully synchronized, leading to fast progress through the content without unnecessary repetition. The small size of the classes allows me to ask questions to the professor, if something is unclear. The lectures are often complemented by practical examples or projects illustrating the theory in a real-world context. The projects create a vivid, motivated atmosphere in class, which makes me enjoy my studies at KLU very much.
The KLU-Experience not only includes learning theoretical concepts in class but also experiencing their implementation outside of the classroom. For example, our excursions to Lufthansa Technik Logistik Services and the container terminals at the harbor were extremely interesting and valuable.
KLU facilitates the network of opportunities and aids in gaining a broader perspective on different aspects of business. It’s a rewarding experience to be a part of KLU.
I experience KLU as an extraordinary university with a career-enhancing, carefully considered degree program concept. Students are not just treated as numbers but as individuals, which has reinforced my decision to study at KLU.
One of my favorite things about KLU is the semester abroad. It gives you the perfect opportunity to find out more about a specific country and maybe to learn the language as well.
Stay up-to-date with KLU!
Register now and receive updates, deadlines, financial aid and opportunities to get in touch with us. We will also send you five starter mails to get you acquainted with KLU.
**Data Privacy Statement
You are free to supply your personal data on a voluntary basis, but to process your request we need at least the fields that are marked as mandatory (*). Your voluntary information makes it easier for us to provide you with individual advice. We will process and use your data for the purpose you expressly indicate or to process your request. Of course we will treat all the information you have entered as confidential. We will not forward your data and information to third parties.
Consent to data use
I consent to Kühne Logistics University - KLU using and saving my personal data in order to inform me of the benefits of the KLU degree and continuing education programs and advise me – via e-mail or on the telephone as well. I can revoke this consent at any time, effective at a future date, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.