Business Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Degree program: MSc Management
• Understanding supply chains & aligning functional supply chain
strategies with competitive strategy.
• Distribution Networks & Network Design.
• Inventory Management.
• Transportation Systems.
• Logistics Service Providers & Logistics Outsourcing.
• Current Developments in Supply Chain Management.
On successful completion of this module, the students will be able to:
• explain the role of logistics and supply chain management for value creation and competitive advantage as well as fundamental concepts that underlie supply chain management (e.g. postponement, push/pull, bullwhip effect)
• assess different strategies firms can follow in the context of logistics and supply chain management and the need to align functional strategies
• select the appropriate supply chain performance metrics and identify trade-offs between
• different metrics
• design and optimize production and distribution networks as driver of an efficient logistics structure given different design options
• apply skills to manage inventory
• demonstrate how coordination across actors enables effectiveness of supply chains by avoiding information distortion
• explain the role of LSPs and logistics outsourcing as strategic option
• identify and manage risks in the supply chain.
|Offered by||Prof. Joern Meissner, PhD|
|ECTS credits||5 Credit Points|
|Method of examination||Written examination|