In face of the current energy crisis, KLU, too, wants to contribute its share to tackle the energy crisis and to save the climate. Hence, KLU is launching an energy-saving campaign for the campus in Hamburgs’s HafenCity.
KLU’s measures include inter alia:
- Heating: Reduced heating on the campus to 19 degrees Celsius on average
- Water: Reduced temperature of warm water and installation of water-saving fittings in the restrooms
- Light: Switch off the KLU’s building outside lightning after 10 PM
Each and every member of KLU can help to make a difference. Therefore, all members of KLU’s are encouraged to follow these rules:
- Heating: Short but intense ventilation instead of tilting the window.
- Light: Only switch on lights when needed.
- Skip the elevator: Burn calories instead of electricity.
- Electronic devices: Shut down your PC/laptop/device and switch off your monitor (no stand-by mode) after work.
KLU’s Managing Director, Fabian Berger: “Our aim is to work together with you and to also listen to your comments and suggestions for further improvements. Together, we can make the biggest impact.”
Sustainability at KLU
Sustainability has been a priority for KLU since its foundation 2010. Embedded in its mission, sustainability is one of KLU’s main research areas with e.g. a research center devoted to it (CSLS). KLU especially seeks to educate and prepare students to become responsible leaders with the necessary skills to impact positively the sustainable transformation of our global economy and society. This includes the “Sustainable Management” Track within KLU’s Bachelor in Business Administration as well as KLU’s Executive Education and the Certificate in Sustainable Management and Operations.